– Common Questions
Are your Australian Shepherds registered?
Yes. They are registered with the American Kennel Club AKC.
How big do your standard (full-size) Aussies get?
Standards are 18-23″ tall and weigh 40-65 lbs.
How big do your mini Aussies get?
Mini’s are 13-18″ tall and can weigh 20-40 lbs.
Where are you located?
We are located in Central Utah.
Do I need to make a deposit to hold a puppy?
Yes. The deposit is $500 and we will send you our contract. You can view it here.
Do you have a waiting list/pick of the litter list?
To be placed on our waitlist, it’s $500 and this will go towards the price of the puppy you choose. Please call us for more information or to be placed on our waitlist.
Do you offer payment plans?
We offer two 3rd party options. We have partnered with Square Installments and we also recommend Paypal Credit . Pay it off with monthly payments that fit your budget. Starting at 0%. Apply for Square installments or Paypal credit.
What forms of payment do you accept?
We prefer Venmo and ApplePay. We also accept Paypal and Credit/Debit Card. There will be a 3% processing fee added if using Paypal or Credit/debit Card.
What does TBD mean on the pricing?
We are waiting to see the eye color which affects pricing. Price is generally higher for two blue eyes vs brown eyes.
After I Decide On A Puppy, What Are The Next Steps?
1. Please call us and we will see if you’re a good fit for that puppy.
2. We will send an invoice which will contain our agreement
3. You will send the $500 deposit and we will mark your puppy as sold. Then you can count down the days until you are snuggling your baby.
4. The remaining balance will be due when your puppy is 6 weeks old.
5. We update official puppy pictures at 2,4,6 weeks old so you can watch them grow up.
When is my puppy ready to come home?
Your puppy is ready for their new homes at 8 weeks old.
How do I pick up my puppy?
You have 4 options:
1. You can come here to pick up your puppy.
2. Fly in to Salt Lake City International and we will meet you curbside and puppy will fly in cabin home with you. (*ask for more details)
3. They can fly to your closest International Airport via a special pet cargo hold. We only use 3 major airlines and fly them direct. Delta, American and United. There is an additional fee for this service. (*ask for more details)
4. For surrounding states, please call to discuss other travel options.
Your puppies have a health guarantee, what does that mean?
Yes. We offer a 12 month health guarantee. It means we guarantee your puppy to be free of genetic defects until the puppy reaches 1 year of age. Please read more here For this to be valid, you must take your new puppy to your vet 48 hours after you receive your puppy and set up future care. The puppy will have received it’s 8 week vaccinations and worming. You will be responsible for their 12 week and 16 week vaccinations which will include a rabies vaccination. Your puppy will also need a 12 month booster. Please see our contract for more details.
Your puppy comes with a Puppy Starter Kit, what is that?
Your puppy starter kit includes:
– A health certificate signed by our vet stating that your puppy is healthy and up-to-date on all vaccines including deworming medications.
– A past and future vaccination and medication schedule
– Their puppy blanket and favorite toy that smells like home
– Puppy food for 5 days
– AKC registration and information from AKC
– Brand new crate (Only if they fly to you)
Can I breed my puppy when they are older?
We only give breeding rights if agreed upon prior to sale. We pre-screen all potential breeders. Its $4000 for a puppy with breeding rights. You will be required to spay or neuter your dog if you don’t have breeding rights.
Do you dock the tails or are they naturally bobbed?
Yes. If they are not a natural bobtail (NBT), we have our vet dock tails at 2-3 days old. If you prefer that the tail of your puppy not be docked, you are required to pay for your puppy in full prior to them going to the vet.